Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Copywriter to join our corporate brand Marketing team in Chicago, IL. In this role, the Copywriter will write clear and concise copy across various mediums including but not limited to social media, web, blogs, digital and print advertising for our House of Brands and Cresco Labs. You will be responsible for ideation and development of error-free content across multiple channels that align with our brand and cannabis industry standards and guidelines. You will work with cross-functional partners across events, retail, human resources, public relations and many more to deliver high-engaging content and campaigns in alignment with overall business goals. This position will report to the Senior Creative Designer.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Writes clear, concise and high-engaging content for various mediums including but not limited to social media, web, blog, digital and print advertising, and more.
- Produces concepts and error-free written content that reflect each of our brands’ tone.
- Writes short-form and long-form content for Cresco Labs and our House of Brands.
- Works in a collaborative environment partnering with the Content Specialists, Designers and other internal/external teams to develop best-in-class campaigns that align with our brands and industry’s guidelines.
- Interprets creative direction and creative briefs and proposes copy concepts with underlaying strategic thinking of the business goals.
- Edits and proofread copy as needed
- Uses SEO principles to maximize copy reach across digital, web and social channels
- Develops work based in research and data in an organize manner with flexibility for quick turnarounds.
- Manages multiple projects across a handful of brands with short deadlines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing OR equivalent experience in marketing copywriting
- Must have excellent written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print and broadcast channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong research skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Experience with Keynote is a plus
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry is required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.