Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
The Process Engineer role is responsible for development, scale-up and optimization of extraction and manufacturing processes, from development through commercialization, as part of the Technical Services team.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Design and perform DOE experiments, manufacturing trials and process validations
- Drive improved extraction and manufacturing yields and cycle times by investigating alternative equipment and processing parameters
- Scale-up existing processes to meet increased demand and improved efficiency
- Lead technology transfers between sites related to new manufacturing processes and equipment
- Maintain expert knowledge of equipment and processes used in the Cresco network
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies related to cannabis extraction and manufacturing, and make recommendations to leadership
- Provide expertise and training to members of the Manufacturing and Technical Services team
- Document development work completely and contemporaneously to support patent applications
- Increased yield (% w/w) and extraction efficiency
- Increased efficiency and productivity (i.e. cost/Kg, Kg/FTE, COGS as % revenue)
- Reduced process cycle time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- B.S. in Chemistry or Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in Cannabis manufacturing preferred
- Experience working in manufacturing in pharmaceutical, food, or other CPG industry required, in the Cannabis industry preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel
- Comfortable working directly with site-based resources to resolve issues and make decisions related to technical services
- Able to work cross functionally with outside vendors to resolve issues
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.