Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Financial Planning Analyst to support the Senior Manager, FP&A through reporting and analytics on the financial performance of existing and future Western Region (California & Arizona) Business Units. More specifically this position will work in collaboration with the divisional finance leadership in providing direct hands-on support to the Senior Manager, FP&A in reporting, data analytics, analyzing trends and variances, tracking KPIs and management dashboards to support strategic business decisions relating to Cresco’s California & Arizona Operations.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Work in collaboration with the operations and finance teams in the various business units to understand the business structure, business model, pricing and cost components of Cresco’s branded products to provide appropriate reporting.
- Understand costing information and pricing models to develop reporting in supporting effective pricing strategies and insights on cultivation, manufacturing, and distribution for Cresco’s products with a view to meeting short, medium and long-term objectives.
- Collection and extraction of financial and market data for various business units (i.e. cultivation, manufacturing, distribution and brands)
- Help maintain budget and forecast templates and various financial models
- Help support and track the identified and implemented Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for branded and non-branded products to promote timely effective decision making
- Perform ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting, financial modeling, and business operations requests
- Build a collaborative working relationship and become one of the financial liaisons with divisional and corporate leadership to support management and business unit reporting for Cresco’s California and Arizona Operations
- Help ensure compliance with applicable divisional and corporate policies
- Track and support effective process flows and internal controls over capital and operating expenditures
- Provide financial reporting for projects and support reporting reconciliation
- Support the monthly close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete financial accounting and reporting
- Provide performance reporting and variance analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Provide effective support to the Senior Manager, FP&A in all data collection and extraction to support strategic decisions.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a related quantitative field required
- One to three years of FP&A, data analyst experience or relevant work experience in a finance environment preferably in the Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) or Cannabis industry
- Strong financial acumen including experience with data collection, management reporting, variance analysis and other analyst support functions in forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high quality deliverables
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Communication skills of explaining complex data topics to non-experts
- Strong experience in SQL
- Proficient in Tableau, Adaptive, Intacct and building reporting dashboards
- Strong experience working with large-scale datasets and multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.