Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a full-time HR Coordinator to join our HR team at our Chicago, IL headquarters. Working closely with HR and business leaders, the Human Resources (HR) Coordinator facilitates human resources processes across multiple locations. The HR Coordinator will handle a variety of HR duties in support of the employee life cycle, special projects and recruiting efforts.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Partner closely with Recruiters and HR Business Partners in coordination of the on-boarding process for new hires (completion of paperwork, Wurk enrollment, and orientation process).
- Assist with background checks and employee badging process in accordance with state regulations.
- Support the documentation and data entry related to employee transfers, promotions, and salary changes.
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, employment verifications, unemployment, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Ensure appropriate employee paperwork is captured and filed appropriately.
- Complete Form I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintain I-9 files.
- Ad hoc projects in support of performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation processes.
- Prepare reports and presents findings as requested.
- Assist HR team on company culture initiates and special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience across HR functions / areas of expertise
- Experience with HR metrics and data to story tell and provide decision support
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent speaking and listening skills to share information effectively, while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants
- Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.