Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join the HR team in our Chicago office. The ideal candidate will have previous experience processing and maintaining multiple payroll cycles. The role will be involved in day-to-day employee inquiries and must always have a problem solving mentality in every situation.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Process Bi-Weekly and Semi-Monthly Payrolls across the organization for multiple states
- Review and adjust timecard entries as needed, with a focus on catching errors proactively
- Calculates retro pay when applicable
- Data entry regarding changes to direct deposit, W4’s, or any employee data
- Be cross trained to learn all aspects of payroll and benefits backup
- Responds to employee inquiries in timely manner regarding payroll information and trouble-shoots to resolve employee payroll concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 + years of experience in processing multi-state payroll, preferably in a professional services environment
- Kronos experience preferred
- Union knowledge preferred
- Accounting reconciling preferred
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll laws required, specifically knowledgeable regarding California laws
- Previous success in developing and/or standardizing processes, with a focus on the client experience.
- Proven experience in providing highest levels of client service internally or externally.
- Pro-active in problem solving and must have a high attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.