Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs Corporate is seeking a Manager to support our growing Corporate Development team in our Chicago headquarters. Within this role, you will be responsible for achieving the value drivers for each acquired company by effectively developing and managing business integration project plans. The role will work closely with functional leadership throughout the company to drive strategic initiatives and execute the long-term integration plan. In addition to leading the integration process, the role will partner closely with the broader Corporate Development team in refining our M&A strategy as well as supporting other strategic initiatives across the organization. A successful applicant must possess high attention to detail, exceptional project management, effective verbal and written communications, and a desire to work in a fast pace environment. The position reports directly to our Sr. Director of M&A and Integration and works closely with both corporate and regional teams.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage the end-to-end integration process and activities from initial development of integration plans with milestones and timelines required to achieve deal specific value and synergies, to execution of the tactical plans, to providing a clear roadmap for ongoing ownership to complete the integration
- Act as a trusted advisor to the senior members of the organization with respect to inorganic activity, providing specific guidance around integration and implementation approaches for both prospective and completed transactions
- Support transaction teams throughout the due diligence, integration, and/or implementation phases of acquisitions, investments and/or partnerships, working closely with members Strategy, Corporate Development, and Functional Leadership
- Support the development of executive-level analysis, briefings, & reports for and to senior leadership
- Monitor and track acquisition performance, value creation and synergies as well as conduct “lookbacks” on deal and integration execution
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts
- Develop repeatable processes that accelerate integrations and ensure timely communication of events
- Identify improvements in acquisition integration processes/techniques and implement best practice methodologies
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 4-year degree in a relevant field
- 5+ years of work experience in one or more of: Integration / restructuring, corporate development, investment banking, consulting, or business operations supporting M&A
- Completion of at least 3 deals in the last 2 years either as an employee of the acquirer or as an external consultant
- Strong finance and accounting acumen including experience in financial modelling and synergy tracking
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced in both Excel and PowerPoint
- Well-versed in leading large cross-functional, collaborative teams as well as directly managing small teams. An exceptionally strong collaborator that brings groups together to make impact
- Strong executive presence and past experience presenting your findings to leadership on a regular basis
- Willingness to challenge the expected/norms and embrace discomfort in a rapidly changing market
- Experience working across multiple project timelines with extended cross functional teams
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.