Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Analyst, External Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, External Reporting and be a key contributor to the company’s external financial reporting process. This will include quarterly reports, annual reports, and miscellaneous filings as required under U.S GAAP and IFRS. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for certain complex technical accounting areas, including share-based compensation and equity accounting, foreign currency and earnings per share. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process – preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and the disclosure checklist
- Subject matter expert and/or preparer of complex accounting areas, such as share-based compensation, equity accounting and earnings per share
- Prepare analysis and schedules as part of month-end close procedures for stock based compensation
- Prepare key schedules for financial reporting, both internal and external
- Participate in implementation and improvement of financial reporting systems
- Assist with preparing and issuing accounting policies and process documentation
- Participate in special projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned
- Maintain effective internal controls and establish processes, policies and procedures
- Support the year-end audit and tax preparation process
- Drive continuous improvement in the financial reporting process
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or external reporting preferred)
- CPA preferred
- SEC reporting experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS and public company disclosure requirements preferred
- Experience with financial accounting systems (e.g., Hyperion, BPC, Workiva)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.