Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting will report to the Director, Technical Accounting and is a key leader in the Controllership organization. This individual will be responsible for managing Cresco’s accounting for mergers and acquisitions (M&A), assisting in the financial due diligence process, and performing technical accounting research under both IFRS and US GAAP for complex areas including purchase accounting, valuation of financial instruments, fair value measurements, and biological assets. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Subject matter expert of complex accounting areas including business combinations, asset acquisitions, fair value, financial instruments and biological assets
- Perform technical accounting research and review and/or draft position papers on topics including purchase accounting, financial instruments, contracts and new accounting pronouncements
- Prepare and/or review analysis and relevant schedules as part of month-end close procedures to present technical accounting areas in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP, including calculating fair value of financial instruments, calculating and recording fair value of biological assets and review/preparation of monthly journal entries
- Prepare and/or review analysis and documentation for business combinations, including purchase consideration, deferred and contingent consideration, determining fair value of assets acquired and liabilities assumed, review of third-party valuation reports and coordinating valuations with third-party specialists, as needed
- Assist in project management for the Finance organization in the integration of acquired companies
- Support project management of and assist in the financial due diligence process, including review of financial documents and preparation and/or review of financial analysis for potential acquisitions, as needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience
- CPA required
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand, summarize and communicate complex accounting topics
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to thrive within a post-start up, fast-paced, global public company environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.