Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The primary responsibility for the Enterprise Applications Architect is to serve as the conduit between businesses and technology, translating complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions, leveraging SAP technology. They provide technical direction, guidance and leadership to the internal SAP team. As Cresco Labs begins its SAP journey the Enterprise Applications Architect is responsible for participating in the implementation of the SAP S4 HANA platform. They will be a hand-on participant and a key contributor in designing a global template for SAP S4 HANA that can then be used to localize the solution as we roll out SAP in each market (state). The Enterprise Applications Architect will work very closely with the SAP SI partner’s Architect and technical team throughout the entire project. As the technical Architect of the SAP solution, they will collaborate with the internal IT team to create an integration plan that will seamlessly integrate SAP with other existing platforms. They will mentor, coach and guide the internal technical team members. The Enterprise Applications Architect will work closely with business leaders, department heads, IT leaders, IT team members, software vendor teams and other subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes in an ongoing basis.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Accountable for the design of the SAP S4 HANA solution across all the markets.
- Actively participate through all stages of the SAP implementation – Discovery, Design, Build, Test, cutover, launch, hypercare, and application management.
- Working in tandem with SI partners Architect accountable for architecting the SAP solution considering SAP capabilities, the technology stack we have, integration, future roadmap and compliance needs for each state.
- Facilitate discussions between SI partner’s technical and functional teams and internal IT and business teams to arrive at the right, scalable solution.
- Be a hands-on collaborator working with internal SAP and IT resources to design a global template in partnership with SI partner that can be easily scaled to various markets without extensive localization.
- Leverage extensive knowledge of industry practices, SAP solutions, and methodologies to make technical recommendations on complex problems.
- Provide technical leadership as a subject matter expert on SAP technologies and counsel IT leadership on key decisions for the project.
- Performing integration architecture and participate in resolving technology integration problems.
- Remain well organized and able to meet deadlines established for the project
- Manage and provide technology leadership to development team and become actively involved in coaching and training the development team
- Responsible for creating an IT strategic plan in partnership with IT Leaders to define enterprise strategy for applications, tools, and governance that aligns activities with organizational goals, supporting rapid growth and enables and scalable application support.
- Provide architecture support for enterprise systems’ initiatives to deliver the company’s digital ambition which includes hands on participation in the implementation of technology solutions including aligning with an enterprise architecture perspective, engaging stakeholders, help to identify specifications, source solutions, and implementation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- At least 10 years of diverse IT experience partnering closely with business leaders, IT leaders and their teams
- Minimum five years of IT Architect experience for a similarly sized organization
- At least five years of experience with SAP technologies in technical or functional role
- Two or more full lifecycle implementations of SAP, and at least one implementation as an Architect
- Experience as an SAP S4 HANA Solution Architect
- Hands on experience in one or more of the following areas:
- ABAP, NetWeaver, Fiori App development
- S/4 HANA development
- Enterprise Integration with SAP
- Process knowledge in at least two function modules such as SD, PP, FI, CO, MM, EWM
- Experience designing and implementing diverse SAP solutions for various industries
- Experience with governance, controls, process and procedures, process reengineering, centers of excellence, change management, conceptual data modeling, master data management, data standardization and stewardship, information integrity and compliance, integration architecture, security, identity and access management and data quality management
- Experience with a professional services advisory firm or publicly traded company and experience leading and delivering full life cycle implementations is a bonus
- Experience working in a regulated environment, highly preferred
- Well versed with SOX and Data Privacy compliance a plus
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple computing platforms, including hardware and software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information science or another closely related field of study from an accredited college/university; MBA or MIS from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- Training and certification in SAP solutions is a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.