Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As Cresco Labs accelerates the development of its brand portfolio, the company is seeking an Associate Brand Manager to join our corporate Marketing team in Chicago, IL. In this role, you will play a part in the development of integrated marketing campaigns and building one of the first national footprints within the cannabis industry. This position will work closely with cross-functional partners across sales, supply chain, compliance, operations, finance, and many others to drive key initiatives and deliver results.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans and brand strategy.
- Managing multiple marketing projects per direction of marketing leadership.
- Partner with a cross-functional team and agencies to help build impactful marketing programs.
- Work with the Sales and Trade Marketing team to ensure strategies and tactical programs are executed flawlessly.
- Analyze and report on sales metrics, market trends, competitive activity, consumer insights and other data to strengthen ongoing brand projects and strategy.
- Champion the innovation and commercialization process for new products, new packaging, and line extensions.
- Track brand-related marketing expenses throughout the year to manage within the given budget.
- Capacity to provide support to multiple cross-functional managers (Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, Sales) when necessary.
- Grow your knowledge regularly through research, team member 1:1’s, and identify opportunities to share best practices with the broader team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing and previous CPG brand management experience
- Experience in retail or wholesale marketing a plus.
- Working knowledge of core CPG commercialization and selling strategies.
- Ability to perform and thrive in environments with minimal process and structure, and comfort with managing through ambiguity.
- Experience helping to build and maintain relationships with external B2B partners a plus
- Strong bias for action. You identify a problem and mobilize to solve it.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Strong communication skills (exceptional listening skills, persuasive and professional communicator).
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence that enable you to build trusted working relationships across the organization.
- Genuine interest in and passion for marketing and the cannabis industry is required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Infrequent domestic travel
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.