Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco is seeking an experienced Counsel, M&A and Securities. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate and M&A and will also work closely with the Associate General Counsel, Securities.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business partner mindset and be able to deliver brilliant execution under tight deadlines while managing several workstreams simultaneously. Many of the responsibilities will include stakeholder management, law firm management, regulatory compliance, and persuasive, yet technical drafting.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Support merger and acquisition activity, strategic investments and other corporate transactions, including conducting due diligence and drafting and negotiating relevant agreements
- Assist in the preparation of public company filings, including proxy statements and registration statements and other exchange compliance matters
- Critical member of the project team for the proxy statement and the annual meeting of stockholders
- Prepare and maintain registration statements
- Draft and assist with the preparation of board and committee meeting materials
- Assist with financing matters, including work with respect to Cresco’s credit facility
- Oversee global subsidiary management with cross-functional teams, draft corporate organizational documents and maintain corporate records
- Partner with global cross-functional teams on various projects
- Manage and interface with outside counsel
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- JD required and active license to practice
- At least 3 years of relevant experience (4-5 preferred), including at a law firm, with M&A and securities experience required and a strong emphasis on SEC compliance and corporate governance
- Team player with the ability to proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently to drive projects to completion
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think through critical information, make informed recommendations, and problem-solve
- Flexible, self-starting and hard-working
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced and changing environment, with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to grow and be in a role that develops over time
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to model Cresco's Values: Stewardship, Ownership, and Leadership
- Chicago-based preferred, but open to remote
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.