Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Quality Systems Director to join our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL. As the Quality Systems Director, you will be responsible for overseeing Cresco’s written and executed programs related to product safety and quality from seed to sale. The position will also be responsible for market integration of all quality programs. The position will directly report to the VP of Quality. Product families include cannabis flower, cannabis oil, manufacturing infused products (lotion, capsules, vape pens/cartridges, transdermal patches), and food products (chocolate, gummies, cookies). This position will be responsible for ensuring that Cresco’s Quality systems are robust and will be an integral part in leading Cresco to achieve third party certification (GFSI or equivalent). The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, be a strong communicator, have a breadth of quality experience, and ability to work within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead and Champion third party Certication (GFSI or eqivalent) across the organization.
- Maintains (GFSI certification or equivalent) and participates in survellaince audits along with driving corrective actions.
- Leads efforts to roll out HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) across all Edibles sites. This position will be the Corporate HACCP Lead for the entire organization.
- Provides roadmap for Good Agricultral practices program development in conjunction with Cultivation.
- Develops internal auditing program across all sites in conjunction with (GFSI or eqivalent) standards.
- Responsible for ownership and approval for all quality related documents.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and report out of all Quality related metrics including First pass Quality, Complaint rates, on-time CAPA, Held inventory and others.
- Leads Management review meetings and presentations to Executive teams at minimum on a quarterly basis and more often as needed.
- Responsible for the roll-out of Cresco’s Quality Policy.
- Leads Annual Corporate Mock Recall.
- Responsible for Quality policies and procedure development, revision and execution for key prerequisite programs such as, HACCP, recall/withdrawal, cleaning and sanitation, GMP, Foreign materal control, Allergen Management, Pest control, Incident report and CAPA, Hold and Release, Batch record review etc. Policy and Program roll-out will be in partnership with key stakeholders in Quality, Operations, and Supply Chain.
- Responsible for interfacing written Quality System Programs with an electronic QMS system.
- Leads M&A integration activities and timelines with a product safety and quality focus.
- Maintains oversight of Training and Development for all new Quality Managers on Quality Systems.
- Provides support for ERP roll-out as a Management Representative for the Quality Department.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree (Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar), 10+ years’ experience in a quality role
- Requires certification in HACCP or Food Safety
- Prior experience required in implementing a HACCP program
- Requires proficiency in internal auditing (i.e. SQF practioner, BRC Auditor, FSSC 22000 internal auditor, etc.)
- Prior experience required in leading a site(s) to achieve (GFSI or Equivalent) certification.
- Prior experience in highly regulated industry: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), dietary supplements, cannabis, tobacco.
- Experience with recalls/withdrawals including executing Corporate initiated mock recalls.
- Prior experience in regulatory agency audits and correspondence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing executive summaries and communicating with senior level operations, quality management team, and regulatory agencies
- Must be detail-oriented with a high sense or urgency.
- Must be proficient with MS OFFICE (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Must be willing to travel 25-30% to various sites to train, perform assessments, and support roll-out of various Quality Systems.
- Prior experience with Good Agricultural Practices a plus.
- Prior experience with ERP systems such as SAP is a plus.
- Prior experience with a electronic QMS system is a plus.
- Prior experience with Supplier Quality Programs is a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.