Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist to join our distribution facility in West Sacramento, CA. As a QA Specialist, you will be responsible for upholding quality and compliance standards through tracking and documenting all incoming inventory. This position will be responsible for ensuring products are entered into our data inventory system to ensure document storage and traceability.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and experience working within a highly regulated industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES.
- Work with QA management to document and track all inbound and available to sell inventory.
- Identify non-compliant packaging & labeling and coordinate remediation when necessary.
- Manage and maintain a COA database.
- Enter and maintain inventory data at a batch level and communicate product status to key stakeholders.
- Ensure proper product storage and quarantine processes.
- Uphold compliance and regulatory requirements at all times; maintain the reputation of the company.
- Communicate any quality control issues immediately and escalate to the proper departments if necessary.
- Identify and document any problems related to the product, process, or the quality assurance system.
- Recommend or initiate solutions by actively providing suggestions for improvement.
- Initiate actions as necessary to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance related to the product, process, or the quality system.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associates degree Preferred
- 2+ years of compliance and/or quality assurance experience in any of the following industries: cannabis, pharmaceutical, agriculture, laboratory, alcohol & tobacco, and distribution
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to multitask at a high level of performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data entry experience a must
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Power Point), Smartsheet, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with new processes implementation, including on-going support
- Strong sense of urgency and prioritization skills
- Cannabis regulation and/or product knowledge is a plus
- Prior experience working with cannabis labs, cultivation or manufacturing is a plus
- Has the ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible with daily schedule to meet the demands of the business
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.