Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an Accounts Receivable Cash Application Coordinator to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This position will report to the AR Supervisor and will be responsible for ensuring that all cash received from our customers is deposited into the correct bank account and applied to the correct customer. This individual will be responsible for documenting and continually improving the cash receipt and application process for each State. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is highly organized, with great attention to detail, and strong problem-solving skills. This position is required to go into the Chicago Corporate office as needed, and at least 3 times a week, to process cash receipts. The Cash Application Coordinator will also work on any “ad-hoc” projects assigned.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Deposit checks via bank scanners and send to the correct bank account for each State (without scanner) using UPS.
- Apply all checks received to the appropriate customer account and invoices.
- Review bank account activity to identify and apply any wires or ACH payments received
- Apply cash received from wholesalers to the correct invoice
- Maintain tracking of deposits for compliance purposes.
- Follow up on any issues with customer payments (incorrect payee, bank account used)
- Communicate remittance instructions to customers
- Work closely with Treasury and Accounting to communicate cash activity and issues.
- Work closely with A/R team; providing information on any short/over payments received for follow ups.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associate degree in accounting, or business-related field, or significant AR or cash application experience
- Experience with financial accounting and ERP systems required (SAP and/or Sage Intacct preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Ability to independently trouble shoot technical issues/interfaces (bank scanner software)
- Experience with cash application preferred
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be highly detail oriented
- Must be able to take initiative and be an independent problem solver
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.