Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs Corporate is seeking a Strategy Analyst to support our growing Commercial Strategy team in our Chicago headquarters. Within this role, you will be responsible for analyzing data in support of Cresco’s commercial initiatives, assisting local teams with their state expansion plans. This work includes developing market-level projections, optimizing our product portfolio, evaluating new product launches, and assessing competitive risks within the Great Lakes region (Illinois and Michigan). The role will work with a broad set of stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to provide business critical insights and ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution. A successful applicant must possess high attention to detail, strong story-telling skills, effective verbal and written communications, and a desire to work in a fast pace environment. This role reports into the Manager of Commercial Analytics.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Ability to analyze, aggregate, and mine data, and develop actionable insights that go beyond standard business reporting
- Efficiently summarize disparate sources of data, and clearly communicate essential findings to senior leadership
- Support existing strategic initiatives through ongoing analysis and project management
- Use creative problem-solving skills to support ambiguous business problems, and develop models in which data is either incomplete or evolving
- Collaborate cross-functionally with department leads and other analysts to drive initiatives forward
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, analytics, quantitative marketing, finance, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Operations, or Engineering with experience in statistical modeling
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint (ThinkCell) knowledge
- Familiarity with database management (SQL), business intelligence tools (i.e., Tableau, Power BI), and statistical programming packages (R, Python) is a plus
- Ability to understand business operations, processes, and translate data into business insights that “tell a story” or aid decision-making
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and communicate data and information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with operational and/or sales data analytics strongly preferred
- Effective time management and prioritization skills. Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.