Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Logistics Manager for the Continuum Distribution business throughout our California operations. This individual will report to the Senior Director of Distribution Operations. This role will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring of the entire logistics operation to and in-between the five facilities spread throughout California. The role will have responsibility for fleet and lane management and optimization, as well as the movement of work in process and finished good materials movement from our external and internal partners. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is exceptionally organized and possesses great attention to detail. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage inventory, transportation, and other logistics processes in service of the Continuum Distribution business
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce costs (i.e. route optimization, truck build-out’s for deliveries)
- Reports daily, weekly, and monthly key metrics such as customer service fill rates and on time deliveries
- Ensures Operations/Manufacturing continuity by developing a transportation/logistics schedule to get materials in the right place at the right time
- Develops and manages fleet in all capacities (maintenance plans, replacement, vehicle reporting, lease/buy acquisition planning, security, registration, insurance etc.)
- Strong internal partner to Supply Chain, Distribution Operations, Facilities, and Sales
- Provides inputs to inventory management through metrics such as DIOH and Turns
- Direct, optimize and coordinate the full order cycle from pickup to delivery
- Negotiate with suppliers, external co-packers/co-manufacturers, and dispensaries
- Contractual understanding with software licensing and fleet lease management.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Drives productivity and costs avoidance savings to elevate profitability
- Comply with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements
- Responsible for driver annual reviews, DMV updates, and maintaining compliance
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field, Master’s and/or Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing certification/training a plus
- 7+ years commercial distribution, supply chain, and/or logistics experience
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Experience within a fast-paced and highly regulated industry is preferred
- Multi-site logistics and operations experience is preferred
- Proven track record of using analytical problem-solving skills to meet and exceed performance metrics.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influence skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- DOT, CFR knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel 40% of time
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.