Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Lead Manufacturing Trainer is responsible for ensuring manufacturing personnel are properly trained and can execute Cresco’s standard operating procedures consistently. The job will entail conducting periodic on-the-job trainings, ensuring training compliance, leading training seminars, and assisting manufacturing managers with all training related activities
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Facilitate and support training through a variety of delivery methods including on-the-job coaching and virtual training.
- Develop specific training programs to help manufacturing team members learn, sustain, and/or improve their job skills.
- Maintain employee training records and work with managers and supervisors to ensure annual training needs are met.
- Monitor training compliance.
- Identify training gaps and developing a strategy to close them.
- Perform hands-on execution of manufacturing operations to support production schedule as needed.
- Coach people leaders on establishing and leading a culture of Learning and Development.
- Lead the developing, deploying, and maintaining of site training material, and provide recommendations for changes needed to improve understanding and adoption.
- Stay current on learning theory, technology, instructional design, delivery methods, and best practices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- In-depth understanding of cannabis extraction and manufacturing processes.
- Previous leadership positions strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to strict policies and procedure.
- Flexibility with changing processes and procedures.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Basic excel, word and computer skill necessary.
- Basic math skills necessary.
REPORTING AND AUTHORITY
- Reports to Director of Manufacturing, Emerging Markets
- Empowered to work directly with site-based personnel to resolve issues
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be able to drive a car, van, truck, and travel via plane or train; lift up to 50 pounds
- Environment will consist of office, indoor grow production, warehouse or distribution environment, as well as out-door elements on a frequent basis
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands or finger to, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.