Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate Communications Coordinator to join our Corporate Communications team in Chicago, IL. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Communications Manager and Director with the development and delivery of strategic communications and programming, both written and verbal, across Internal Communications, External Communications (Corporate & Brands), and Investor Relations.
This is a cross-functional position that will report into the Corporate Communications Director and collaborate closely with the Human Resources department and other departments as necessary to inform employees in a timely, clear, concise, and transparent manner.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong self-starter characteristics, including taking initiative, creatively problem-solving and collaborating well across departments. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, results-oriented, excels in a fast-paced environment, takes initiative and enjoys multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Supports the Corporate Communications Director and Corporate Communications Manager with the development and delivery of strategic communications and programming, both written and verbal, across Internal Communications, External Communications (Corporate & Brands), and Investor Relations.
- Assists with target media list building, media pitch writing and outreach.
- Oversees the companywide, daily news monitoring newsletter by tagging earned media and relevant articles.
- Co-develops the monthly investor newsletter through writing and sourcing creative assets.
- Supports the development, execution and management of new initiatives, such as the rollout of an employee communications and engagement platform.
- Develops and helps manage content across digital bulletin boards in all Cresco-owned and operated cultivation and processing facilities and retail dispensaries.
- Solely runs point on the development of the companywide, weekly employee newsletter, including sourcing content across business units, drafting copy and creating the design.
- Helps to create facility communication materials, including flyers, pamphlets, signage, etc.
- Researches and identifies awards and manages a robust database with opportunities for people and the business.
- Supports quarterly PR reporting.
- Coordinates and/or attends meetings as necessary, taking notes and ensuring following through on action items.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- Minimum of 2+ years working experience, corporate or agency.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tell compelling stories and craft strong narratives.
- Familiarity with PR/media pitching, monitoring and analysis tools, including Meltwater and Muck Rack.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with all business units and employees.
- A strong track record of high-level implementation who thrives on managing a variety of key projects concurrently.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to follow strict deadlines.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.