Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As a member of Sunnyside’s Retail Merchandising team, you will design and recommend pricing and promotional strategies which drive both topline and bottom-line growth. Leveraging your technical and analytical skills, you will analyze past promotions to identify the mechanics which are most impactful with our Patients and Customers. You will also have a strong partnership with cross-functionals such as Buyers, Planners, Retail Marketing, and Finance to ensure our pricing and promotions address our strategic and financial goals.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Utilize business, industry, competitive, and analytics expertise to design and recommend margin accretive price and promotional events.
- Develop a post-promotion decomposition framework, removing seasonality, stockpiling, and other extraneous factors, to determine true promotion return on investment.
- Working alongside Retail Marketing, recommend markdowns which minimize inventory holding costs and maximize gross margin.
- Collaborating with Revenue Management and Retail Buyers, identify the ROI break-even pricing for own and 3rd-party promotions, which produces win-win for Cresco & partners.
- Analyze data from our Customer Loyalty Program to identify the most impactful reward structure, which increases loyalty among our Patients and Customers.
- In partnership with Brand & Retail Marketing, develop an everyday pricing architecture for each product category which maximizes customer penetration and topline revenue.
- Working alongside the Business Intelligence team, co-develop dashboards & tools which systemizes the use of data for Price & Promotions decision-making.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, Retail, E-Comm, or CPG preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written presentations & verbally
- Highly skilled in MS Excel. Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, or Power BI preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skills in data modeling, statistical analysis is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; both independently and as part of cross-functional collaborative teams
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.