Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Oversees daily edible production and packaging operations at the facility level. Create and maintain a workplace environment that ensures employee safety & performance, product quality, appropriate inventory levels, and upholds GFSI and GMP standards. Thorough adherence of standard operating procedures, work instructions, manufacturing formulas, strong focus on delivering results measured by key performance metrics. Dedicated ownership, leadership of all operations, KPI’s, revenue/production tracking and employee engagement.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Participate in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action.
- Directly supervise kitchen and packaging agents responsible for operational activities; providing motivation, training and development of production staff.
- Enforce strict compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to GMPs, performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks and product quality checks.
- Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and enforce personnel hygiene and safety.
- Monitor manufacturing and implement corrective action planning when needed to meet company objectives.
- Develop production plans to maintain inventory par levels as determined by sales demand.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery of ingredients and packaging materials. Ensure proper logging and storage of all materials.
- Oversee implementation and training for new products, equipment and personnel.
- Recommend and implement efficiency improvements.
- Daily review of achievement targets and report variances during review meetings. Implement action plans to address failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate an adequate understanding of production machinery; equipment; processing; blending; extraction; shelf-stable products, quality, and/or other requisite technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of SOPs, MFs, WIs and other company policies.
- Responsible and accountable for quality compliance, production, pack out, and inventory control.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with departments including Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Facility Management and Operations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3 + years of proven experience in production supervision within the food, packaging, contract packaging or manufacturing environment.
- Confectionery operations is a plus
- Strong people and supervisory skills including mentoring, coaching, performance, motivating, and directing staff.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and maintain positive relationships with all levels of management
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures and machinery
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.