Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be part of the AP Team to help drive company success with the processing of invoices and daily functions needed to process transactions in a timely manner. This role is located in our Chicago, IL corporate office. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Daily processing of invoices
- Monitor key payment types, such as utilities and suppliers (Ex. Cultivators, Packaging)
- Respond to internal and external inquiries, as needed
- Provide support the Senior AP Analyst to review and develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Daily data entry of invoices
- Obtain proper approvals and signatures for invoice processing
- Working within the organization to address invoices issues, as needed
- Process urgent payment requests as required weekly
- Review coding and update, if required
- Support vendor statement reviewed as required
- Upload documentation into ERP such as approvals and invoice copies
- Maintain schedules and electronic records of transactions in an organized manner
- Performs other related duties as needed by the department, including assisting with audit requests and vendor confirmations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in ERP System (Sage Intacct and SAP preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Knowledgeable with Accounts Payable functions
- Excellent analytical skill set
- Work experience with G/L coding preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a dynamic, post start-up environment
- Ability to be a team player and provide excellent customer service to our stakeholders
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred, but not required
- Minimum three years of work experience in Accounts Payable environment
- Experience at a large, multi-national public company with SOX compliance preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.