Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Regional Director of SEED to be the main point of contact for our Social Equity and Education Development program within the Eastern Region. Our SEED initiative is designed to ensure that all members of our society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in this industry. From collaborating with universities to develop cannabis-focused curriculum to working with local agencies and community organizations to sponsor expungement events, the SEED initiative consists of impactful programs and actionable solutions-based approaches that we believe will help make the cannabis industry a highly inclusive force for job creation. The ideal candidate is an organized, yet flexible individual who can navigate areas of ambiguity with a hunger to learn more.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Work in conjunction with the Community Integration team to identify community stakeholders and build relationships
- Serve as liaison between HQ and the selected region, providing ongoing updates on the cannabis industry and community perception
- Partner with the SEED HQ team to identify, plan, and execute social equity programming
- Manage and participate in expungement events, Incubator programming, and Educational/workforce development programs
- Manage calendars, reports, budgets, and metrics for regional SEED activities
- Maintain flexibility to travel to HQ and locations throughout the region as necessary
- Be responsive to the larger Cresco team by responding to requests for SEED information specific to the region
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree, or a combo of work experience & education
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related work experience across event planning, criminal and/or social justice, local/state/federal legislation or government sectors, and/or non-profit.
- Comfort and desire to build a network and interact with people from many different backgrounds and communities, with the ability to build and foster such relationships
- Ability to travel within the selected region and to other company locations as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-starter and high comfort level working autonomously
- Ability/interest working remotely as part of a larger team
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.