Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a National Field Marketing Manager. This role will focus on building relationships and building out key accounts throughout the U.S. We don’t believe in a typical day or week, we embrace challenges and are rewarded by overcoming objections in order to achieve goals. This individual will be a partner to our wholesale retailers and external account managers.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Build scalable programs that will define and set strategy and priorities for our field marketing team members.
- Be the expert on the national landscape for our industry regarding consumers and innovative approaches to grow our brands
- Manage agency partner regarding all aspects of the brand ambassador teams
- Establish strong working relationships with decision makers, managers, Wellness Advisors within key account list and become a trusted resource and partner, helping them excel in their roles
- Create and manage field education programs to train retail staff in wholesale accounts as well as consumer educations
- Provide in-market training, support and ensure quality standards are inline, auditing accordingly
- Lead field team in best practices sharing, innovation, and new trends by way of regular reporting and seminars
- Measure and review monthly reports from field to ensure goals are on track and being exceeded
- Collaborate with cross functional counterparts to drive strategy across the portfolio of brands out to the field as well as maintaining tracking goals
- Work with creative and agency partners to create and develop new tools and assets that drive results
- Focus and support the field and sales teams with these key drivers:
- Increase brand(s) on shelfs as well as sell in new products
- Provide Wellness Advisor with talking points, sales tips and training
- Support client with effective POS and merchandising
- Provide account with in-store activations to help sell the brand
- Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain proper records for all expense reports and ensure they are completed on time with receipts attached on a weekly basis
- Develop and distribute all program training materials to field
- Compete all paperwork and meet administrative deadlines
- Closely monitor and track all activations and special events
- Own the integrity of all training materials and in-store activations and ensure that updates are made as necessary across all platforms
- Understand and ensure compliance of all state rules/regulations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years’ related industry or sales experience
- Local travel 15-20% including nights and weekends
- Knowledge of cannabis, trends and industry preferred, but will train the right candidate
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills – including the ability to listen and identify opportunities to drive increased brand loyalty
- Ability to coordinate efforts with distributor personnel including orders, delivery and merchandising support
- Candidates must be familiar with on/off premise marketing initiatives
- Familiarity with local market trendsetting accounts
- Strong problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Skilled at multitasking with an ability to meet deadlines
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.