Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an HR Generalist to join our Human Resources team out of our Lincoln, IL location. Our HR Generalist will assist in a wide variety of Human Resources related tasks such as recruiting, benefits, payroll, trainings, and creation/maintenance of policies. The HR Generalist will be responsible for accurate record keeping, reporting, and acting as a point of contact for HR inquiries and requests.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist the HRBP with fielding all HR related inquiries and requests from employees to ensure a timely response.
- Act as a liaison between all HR functions (talent acquisition, payroll, benefits, etc.)
- Assist the benefits department in processing leave of absence requests
- Verify and maintain employee information in all electronic systems to ensure accuracy
- Assist in creation, development, and implementation of HR policies and training initiatives
- Track, organize, and analyze HR data such as recruiting metrics, payroll reports, and other custom reporting
- Assist in compiling data for annual employee performance reviews
- Assist in recruitment and onboarding process for new hires
- Monitor and ensure understanding and compliance with federal and state employment laws as well as company human resources policies and procedures
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business-related field
- 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- Understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Experience with an HRIS system
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Highly organized and ability to prioritize multiple work projects at a time
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team management skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite
- Prefers working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.