Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking experienced Internal Auditors to join the company’s newly formed Internal Audit team, to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting service in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the company’s governance, risk management and internal controls. The ideal candidate will be able to conduct full cycle of audit engagements including risk assessments, audit scoping, process documentation, controls substantive testing, and to conclude and report on the audit findings. The individual will need to be able to work independently as well as in teams with other auditors and process owners. The ideal candidate will have a strong level of integrity, analytical and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle potential resistance.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist with risk assessment and audit scoping
- Document process narratives/flowcharts of the company’s relevant operations
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Identify control weakness and improvement opportunities over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance
- Develop value-added solutions in the identified risk areas
- Prepare and present audit findings
- Monitor the progress of remediation and follow-up actions of the identified solution owners, and conduct follow up audits as needed
- Assist with fraud investigation or other ethics violations as requested by Cresco’s senior management
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other relevant fields with at least 2 years of Internal/External Audit or Internal Controls experience
- Excellent communicator with the ability to present to their teams, managers, other stakeholders
- Demonstrate good initiative and ability to work both independently and in teams
- Possess appropriate analytical skills with good attention to detail when working with large datasets
- Experience with process flow charts, controls mapping and sample testing
- Must be ethically strong, with high levels of integrity and adherence to regulations, controls, and compliance
- CPA or CIA and SOX404 documentation and testing experience preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.