Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Visual Planner for our Retail Space. This individual is responsible for overseeing the creative development and publication of visual schematics in leading Sunnyside’s merchandising strategy. This role is accountable for shaping the store’s environment that aligns with the brand’s identity and mission statement with appealing design and creative visual concepts and merchandising strategies. The visual planner will assist the Director of Retail Marketing in designing signage, floor plan displays, and in-store activations that align with company strategy and lead the execution of all in-store merchandising.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Executing visual merchandising strategy (cannabis products and accessories) across 20+ stores - Key fixtures, Impulse buy fixtures, Signage
- Training store staff in visual merchandising basics
- Facilitate cross-functional relationships to influence business decisions with thoughtful feedback to all key partners
- Collaborating across teams to build plan-o-gram for displaying merchandise, accessories and in-store activations
- Ensuring adherence to monthly visual planner by conducting store visits as the ambassador of visual standards, and follow up on execution
- Creating displays that are creative, on-trend, and appealing
- Assisting with new, remodeled and rebranded stores, in partnership with Store Development and Operations – Furniture, Brand moments, Signage, Seasonal Décor, fixture placement and merchandising direction
- Managing individual store and promotional budgets
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 4-5 years experiences creating visual merchandising communication in a retail environment
- Ability to self-manage, adapt to change, re-prioritize and adjust deadlines
- Open to working off-hours on special project assignments, and travel as needed
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects with the ability to be a creative problem solver
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift 25 to 30 pounds
- Experience with design software preferred
- Strict adherence to differing cannabis industry guidelines across multiple states
- BA/BS preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.