Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for overseeing California’s end-to-end supply chain from seed to shelf. The Director is responsible for honing materials management from work-in-process to finished goods, warehousing, replenishment purchasing, supply planning, demand planning. This individual will also be responsible for the coordination of logistics with our distribution business, Continuum. This role will collaborate with teams across multiple locations, distribution centers, and co-packers in California while also synergizing with our Corporate Center of Excellence. The role demands an ability to be a working functional leader, where the candidate can both do and lead in any of the above capacities.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Understands complex demand and supply planning procedures and utilizes these foundations to improve production planning and materials handling across all facilities
- Fluent in S&OP across multiple facilities, categories, segments, and brands
- Creates and tracks KPI’s to measure departmental performance across the supply chain, reports back to the leadership team, and leads gap analyses to determine improvements where necessary
- Evaluates current standard operating procedures and identifies areas of improvement across all facilities
- Experienced in replenishment buying and its importance to inventory, scheduling, and production flow
- Identifies opportunities for optimizing raw, WIP, and finished good inventory levels to ensure minimal obsolescence and maximize inventory turns, while reducing DIOH
- Uses continuous learning philosophy to manage a team of supply chain professionals
- Leads cross-functional teams to resolve capacity challenges and production issues, offering alternative plans and solutions to meet company and customer needs
- Understands how to optimize data systems and IT solutions to facilitate improved performance and better data utilization
- Constantly seeks opportunities to improve synergies between Supply Chain, Production, Cultivation, Engineering, Sales Operations, IT, Accounting, and HR
- Keeps current with industry trends and identifies ways to implement progressive technology as appropriate
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Materials Management preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience within a manufacturing environment, including production planning and scheduling, replenishment planning, demand planning or materials management required
- 5+ years experience in supply, demand, or materials planning
- Experience using supply/demand planning software to manage complex data
- Prior experience managing large teams
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to travel statewide at least 20% of the time with occasional out of state travel
- Advanced Excel skills, Power Point, Word and Outlook
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.