Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Treasury Analyst to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Senior Treasury Analyst will report to the Treasury Manager and be responsible for assisting with all cash management and banking relationships. Key activities include implementation of new banking services and maintaining positive banking relationships including systems, user access, and fee structures. This individual will handle the day-to-day cash disbursement and receipt process, as well as implement treasury policies, procedures, and controls. This individual will also provide cash management and operating cash flow analysis to the Treasury Manager on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as needed. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Oversees and monitors cash receipt and disbursement process, daily/weekly cash position and cash status, implementing process improvements
- Issuance of wire transfer and review of all other payments such as: ACH and checks
- Document and analyze the debt position and payments, working to minimize any interest expense and optimize cash flow
- Maintains and provides cash management and operating cash flow analysis to the Treasury Manager on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, including preparation of presentations for senior management
- Assist with the development of treasury policies, procedures, and controls
- Designs and implements treasury KPIs for consistent distribution
- Assist with corporate risk management as well as stock reporting functions
- Preparation and analysis of global insurance program renewal data
- Assist and coordinate in annual insurance renewal process
- Insurance certificate management: coordinate insurance certificate requests from business units or customers with insurance broker
- Support and facilitate month/quarter end accounting and reporting for treasury transactions
- Assist with the integration of new businesses which includes banking optimization, account signer migration, and wire transfer implementation
- Assists with the creation of best practices and SOX compliant processes for all current and future Treasury operations
- Performs other related special projects for management when required or requested
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field (MBA/CTP certification preferred)
- 5+ years of finance and treasury experience
- Prior experience in the areas of insurance and risk management
- Strong knowledge of banking systems and experience with treasury management and financial accounting/reporting systems (Intacct/ERP helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required (Pivot tables and V-Lookups, etc.)
- SOX testing experience
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to work independently and solve problems, making knowledgeable recommendations to management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, proofreading written materials
- Consistent follow through on assigned tasks, working in a detail-oriented and organized manner even with distractions
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.