Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Licensing Manager to join our corporate office. The Licensing Manager will be part of the legal team and will be responsible for maintaining, and tracking a large license database, as well as coordinating with the legal team on state and local license applications, renewals, and amendments. The Licensing Manager will be responsible for maintaining a detailed licensing schedule, providing regular updates to the legal team on the status of company licenses, ensuring that licenses and personal information is accurately and securely maintained, and assisting with licensing and regulatory updates. The ideal candidate is highly organized, possesses a strong attention to detail, has experience working within a highly regulated industry, and can adapt to a fast-paced corporate environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Maintaining and updating a database of Cresco’s licenses;
- Maintaining and updating a secure database of key information related to licenses and regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining, updating, and managing a licensing calendar to track Cresco’s licenses in every jurisdiction;
- Preparing and working cross-functionally to prepare license renewal applications on behalf of Cresco facilities, board members, and key executives;
- Supporting the legal team on new license applications;
- Responding to regulatory inquiries when appropriate;
- Working cross-functionally with business units to further develop license tracking, processes, and systems;
- Working directly with company executives and employees to maintain up-to-date information and regulatory compliance;
- Maintaining confidential, proprietary, and time-sensitive information relative to licensing function; and
- Producing highly organized, timely, and accurate work product that encompasses Cresco’s core values.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a business or corporate setting;
- Experience and ability to communicate with employees from all levels, from hourly workers to C-suite executives;
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams, judgment, discretion, common sense, and resourcefulness;
- Familiarity or experience with project management software or document management software preferred;
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities;
- Highly organized and able to implement and maintain rigorous organization protocols;
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally;
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Paralegal certificate, extensive project management experience, or equivalent experience preferred; and
- Knowledge of compliance in a highly regulated industry such as cannabis, pharmaceuticals, tobacco, alcohol, or gaming preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.