Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an IT Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to join our Enterprise B2B Sales and CRM Systems IT Team. As our QA Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring quality deliveries and deployments across all assigned project areas from small to medium tactical initiatives to large-scale complex projects. As a QA Engineer, you will need a broad-based understanding across our disciplines, including but not limited to B2B Sales, Warehouse Operations, Accounting and CRM in order to create and execute QA automation scripts to ensure that we have efficient deliveries for our end-to-end systems.
You will learn the full detailed business processes from a user and system perspective to ensure completeness of automated, repeatable scripts. You will brainstorm and present ideas for faster, more efficient QA processes to ensure our deliveries are thoroughly tested from all aspects before being deployed. You will ensure that we measure and maintain test coverage across all scenarios across multiple suites of systems. The ideal candidate must possess strong skills in QA automation across multiple open source and industry standard QA automation technologies and processes. Additionally, the QA Engineer will ask questions, learn, and master the various processes and flows of a complex set of integrated systems. You will also coordinate QA activities with a cross functional group of teams in IT and business areas as well as with vendors.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Learn detailed business processes from multiple user perspectives
- Create QA automation scripts to simulate both UI and API integrations and interactions across a complex web of integrated systems
- Produce and publish QA automated script execution results that show scenarios executed, results, etc.
- Ensure QA automation scripts include UI components (desktop web, mobile web and mobile app) as well as API and ETL integrations
- Write and execute complex joins in databases as needed to find and validate success and / or failure scenarios
- Execute API calls using common tools
- Document and log issues, defects and suggested enhancements in Jira and other tools
- Provide detailed screenshots in order to best communicate issues, errors and opportunities to various teams
- Investigate defects and issues when questions, defects and issues arise
- Categorize all issues and defects per project and company standards as P1, P2, P3, etc.
- Publish and confidently review test results with a large and broad audience
- Create status reports
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables from a QA perspective
- Help create project artifacts while learning new systems and / or new initiatives
- Coordinate large company wide initiatives with other teams’ QA owners as well as business users
- Consistently stay on top of QA best practices and tools
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 7+ years of QA experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of and background in SDLC, STLC and defect / bug lifecycles
- Strong experience and expertise in agile, waterfall and hybrid delivery models
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Experience executing manual test cases where automation is not possible
- Strong SQL skills across different relational databases
- Proven track record for logging and managing defects in Jira
- Ability to create reports in Jira showing test progress and results
- Ability to use different technologies to execute, analyze and test APIs (e.g., Postman, SOAP UI)
- Strong understanding of SOA, ESB and API integrated systems
- Proven track record for designing and creating test automation frameworks and scripts using industry standard open source and fee-based technologies including Selenium, etc.
- Proficiency in GitHub
- Background in B2B sales, warehouse operations, accounting and CRM strongly preferred
- Proven experience delivering repeatable QA automation to ensure high quality, completeness of QA and fast delivery
- Background owning and updating Wiki / Confluence pages
- Strong background and knowledge in complete, development ready user stories
- Excellent interpersonal skills; knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g. operations, sales, legal, marketing, technology
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving for results with aggressive timelines
- Thrives in fast-paced dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Minimal travel required
- Must be 21 years of age to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.