Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As Cresco Labs accelerates the development of its brand portfolio, the company is seeking an Associate Innovation Manager to join our corporate Marketing team in Chicago, IL. In this role, you will play a part in the development of the innovation pipeline to fuel brand portfolio growth. This role works closely with Marketing colleagues to support growth of current brands while working to develop new-to-the-company brands as well. Additionally, this role works with cross-functional partners across Product Development, Project Management, Operations, Sales, Planning, Finance, Legal, Compliance and many others to drive the innovation pipeline forward.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Support the Cresco Labs brand portfolio innovation pipeline through research, ideation, collaboration, development, and execution
- Perform research on category, consumer, and competitive trends to inform Cresco Labs’ insights and segmentation strategy
- Ideate and develop new item and new brand opportunities for portfolio growth
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing to develop an innovation pipeline that supports growth of current brands
- Support the development of new-to-the-company brands that capture white space opportunities
- Compose brand, product, and package briefs to initiate innovation development
- Collaborate with Product Development, Project Management, and other cross-functional partners to drive timelines and accountability for new item and new brand launches
- Further knowledge and education regularly through research, team member 1:1’s, and identify other opportunities to grow and share best practices with broader Marketing team and cross-functional partners
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of brand marketing or innovation for a traditional CPG company, consultancy, or agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, design or relevant field preferred
- Comfortable with white space thinking
- Ability to apply structure to ambiguous problems
- Ability to execute work by collaborating with cross-functional teams for completion
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience with data software platforms (e.g. Tableau) a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.