Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our Sales Order Management and CRM IT team. As our TPM, you will be a key Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the overall sales processes and the Pepperi B2B Wholesale Sales System as well as having solid expertise in the data integrations into and out of the Pepperi B2B Wholesale Sales System. The TPM has key ownership of many deliverables and implementation activities across multiple functions including the overarching system API, data flow and data integration documentation.
As the TPM of this area you will need a broad-based understanding and depth of expertise across our disciplines, including but not limited to B2B Wholesale Sales, Warehouse Operations, Accounting, State Regulations and other areas that touch B2B Wholesale Sales in order to coordinate activities across teams of people to successfully deliver results and implementation plans per timelines in a fast-paced environment. You will help the IT and business leadership teams solve complex business and technical problems proactively and reactively. You will engage as a central player during a variety of phases and situations from requirements to design to deployment to production issue and outage troubleshooting and resolution.
The ideal candidate must possess strong technical knowledge, skills and self-starter resourcefulness. Additional responsibilities include proactively and reactively querying data and looking through system graphs and logs to understand and identify opportunities for improvement. Additionally, the TPM has great interpersonal skills, demonstrate organization and attention to detail, think strategically, motivate and influence teams without direct authority, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role will have direct interaction with senior leadership and will be involved in facilitating the company’s highest profile projects.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
- Serve as a SME for the overall Pepperi B2B Wholesale Sale System and related processes
- Perform research and present facts when creating and explaining documented solutions to simple and complex business and technical problems
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Lead cross functional teams of vendors and associates during any and all phases of an initiative or issue to achieve the optimal and desired result
- Maintain an up to date Wiki / Confluence page with information about the Pepperi B2B Wholesale Sales system
- Turn risks, issues, problems and opportunities into realistic, well defined solutions
- Ensure quality and completeness in solutions and production issue resolutions
- Monitor system graphs, logs and performance
- Lead production issue resolution and serve as the central SME as you direct traffic and activities to ensure timely restoration of services
- Present solutions and new opportunities using facts and data on projects and issue resolutions
- Be the key knowledge base SME and anchor of the Pepperi B2B Wholesale Sales System
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- 7+ years proven track record as a TPM and SME of a complex technical system and area
- Background in B2B Wholesale Sales, Warehouse Operations, Accounting, State Regulations required
- 5+ years managing vendors for key mission critical systems
- 7+ years experience in supporting and troubleshooting systems with multiple integrations with other systems
- Strong experience, comfort and background in being able to review system graphs and logs and find patterns and connect them with issues (proactively and reactively)
- Strong SQL skills across multiple databases (for gaining insights, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong experience and expertise in agile, waterfall and hybrid delivery models
- Experience getting business teams to understand and proposed solutions
- Experience being a key contributor to scrums with local and dispersed teams using Jira
- Background owning and updating Wiki / Confluence pages
- Strong background and knowledge in complete, development ready user stories
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Thinks strategically and sees the “big picture” goals and objectives while being able to tactically execute action items
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating and delivering concise and impactful presentations using PowerPoint and other mediums
- Excellent interpersonal skills; knows how to work well with diverse and dynamic teams across multiple functions, e.g. operations, sales, accounting, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving for results with aggressive timelines
- Thrives in fast-paced dynamic environment; can handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Minimal travel required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.