Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Operations Manager is a Leader-Manager who is responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the operations and fiscal health of the distribution center, as well as overseeing and leading the work of a group of people. Also responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of its people and other resources within a business unit.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage the overall operational and financial responsibilities along with activities of the distribution center.
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the distribution center efficiently and effectively.
- Own Regulatory Compliance (DOT, CARB, FMCSA, OSHA, CFR, DEA, BCC).
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet distribution center productivity and quality goals.
- Manage safety, accident, and injury procedures for the workforce and facility.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Review data that includes routing, receiving, inventory balance, mis-picks, shipping, and activity reports, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Prepares periodic reports for leadership, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Carrying out and attaining the mission and the goals of the business unit managed.
- Development of the department as we grow and build out.
- Ensure all regulatory guidelines are followed (DOT, CARB, FMSCA, OSHA, BCC, DEA)
- Development of a teammate-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, high performance, continuous improvement, employee retention and development.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Essential Employee Leadership Functions:
- Plan staffing levels and hire to maintain labor as needed.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, training, paid time off, and overtime.
- Provide oversight and direction within the facility in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including new employee on-boarding, career development and succession planning.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and manage to accountability.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Maintain transparent communication, appropriately communicating organizational information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email, and regular interpersonal communication.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or similar experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff.
- Regulatory Compliance (DOT, CARB, FMCSA, OSHA, Other)
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economic, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows to include Excel and Word.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations. Along with a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience in Distribution Operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A self-starter attitude who seeks out opportunities to make improvements.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.