Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Property Manager to join our corporate team in Chicago, IL. The Property Manager will support commercial and industrial properties throughout the organization. More specifically, this position will work in collaboration with Public Affairs, Legal, and Construction leadership in providing direct, hands-on support with real estate leases and commercial or industrial matters to support strategic business decisions relating to Cresco Labs’ operations. The ideal candidate possesses the self-starter mindset and is not afraid to take initiative.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for all lease administration duties, including interfacing property owners and internal teams to ensure full lease compliance.
- Negotiating lease terms and updating leases before they expire.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and Landlord complaints as they arise.
- Managing dates, deadlines and other variable obligations for the national real estate portfolio
- Understanding complex lease terms, documents, and being able to communicate such information to various departments
- Coordinate and oversee maintenance and cleaning activities or working with third-party partnerships to repair and maintain building systems (HVAC, plumbing, electric) that Tenant is responsible to repair and maintain
- Preparing form contracts for long-term maintenance activities and individual projects
- Supervising maintenance projects to ensure they are completed according to expectations and in compliance with lease provisions
- Gathering financial data and preparing reports on budgets, occupancy, and overhead costs to support decision-making processes and ensure profitability
- Submitting monthly or annual reports on lease payments
- Contributing to cash flow management, establishing budgets, and identifying opportunities to reduce overhead costs
- Analyzing trends and leases to generate ideas to reduce rental expenses.
- Leading site personnel, participating in hiring decisions, and communicating expectations for the completion of business-critical projects
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Highly organized
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or experience equivalent
- 5-7 years of commercial property management experience, including both industrial and retail space.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate responses to all parties involved with each property
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to balance multiple, diverse priorities and produce high-quality deliverables
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with maintenance accounting software preferred
- Dependable, flexible, and possesses the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to explain complex topics to non-experts
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.