Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Project Analyst, Financial Systems and Integration to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL.
This individual will report to the Sr. Director- Finance Systems & Integration and will be responsible for assisting with and project managing Finance workstreams for the implementation and integration of the company’s financial systems, including implementation of an ERP system. This individual will assist the Sr Director with financial systems onboarding and integration of new markets and newly acquired businesses. Responsibilities will include creating project plans and executing project management for the integration of financial information for newly acquired companies and financial systems, as well as supporting the PMO office with disseminating accounting and finance SOPs. Key interfaces are: Cresco accounting and consolidations, operations, data analytics, business development and integration (PMO), FP&A, tax, treasury, and other functions as needed; acquired company contacts across the previously stated functions; internal and external IT and financial software vendor contacts.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist in project managing the Finance and Accounting function in the implementation of additional/updated accounting modules and add-on reporting systems, including managing the accounting implementation of a new consolidation system and a new ERP system
- Assist with the alignment of mapping of chart of accounts and reporting structures to enable both internal and external reporting
- Work cross functionally with company departments and external partners, particularly other finance teams, operations, and IT for business-critical projects such as ERP
- Assist with the development of business processes and accounting system SOPs to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist in coordinating internal and external resources, including cross functionally, in order to execute key financial system projects
- Collaborate with IT to manage external contractors for key financial system projects, including involvement in budgeting, scope and timeline establishment
- Assist with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures as the company expands in both new and established markets
- Assist with onboarding acquisitions and oversee the integration of financial information
- Liaise with the PMO office to define tasks, timetables, resources and budgets for financial systems workstreams relating to acquisitions and new markets
- Work with FP&A to help align KPIs and metrics for new markets and acquired businesses when needed
- Work with the data analytics team to source, translate, configure, import and reconcile data, for reporting of key financial and non-financial metrics
- Assist to build repeatable, consistent process for loading, consolidating and reporting the acquisition’s financials
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business degree with accounting or accounting information systems concentration OR Bachelor’s degree in information technology-related field with accounting/business concentration
- Minimum of 5 years accounting and/or finance information systems experience
- Heavy experience with financial systems required (i.e., advanced user of MS Excel, ERP, database, financial analysis, and consolidations systems)
- Experience managing multiple complex, dynamic and challenging projects, including creation and implementation of project plans
- Experience with process improvement projects, coordinating business analysts and finance and accounting process owners, and coordinating process flow documentation or design projects.
- Experience engaging/ consulting multiple key stakeholders with demonstrated hands-on delivery approach
- M&A integration experience highly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, networking skills, positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness and experience working with business partners at varied levels in the organization
- Ability to thrive within a post-start up, fast-paced, global public company environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Ability to absorb and summarize complex or diverse information
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.