Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Social Media Specialist to join our corporate Marketing team in Chicago, IL. We are looking for a Social Media Specialist who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities through our various social media platforms. The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing and deployment social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between a variety of stakeholders and our brands. The successful candidate will also be required to collect, review, and analyze social media data to develop more effective campaigns.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Create and maintain a monthly social media content calendar that aligns with overall marketing initiatives and goals
- Create high-quality visual content (e.g. photo, video, stop-motion, etc.) for social feeds
- Collaborate with creative team and design team to develop engaging, original rich media content
- Moderate and engage with all current and potential customers across social media platforms
- Work with the Community Management team to monitor social media channels and review sites
- Work with the Special Events team to develop social media strategies for sponsorships, partnerships and owned events
- Analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management that outline any necessary changes
- Collaborate across departments to define objectives, strategize and execute creative social media campaigns that align with their department goals.
- Generate monthly reports and report performance of all social media & digital marketing campaigns
- Conduct on-going social media market research and channel development
- Stay current with social media trends and best practices
- Educates employees about social media guidelines and best practices through newsletters, trainings, and educational sessions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in social media management
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Experience with photography, videography, and other visual content creation
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Able to explain complex social media data in an understandable way
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry is required
- Adaptive to change, tight deadlines, and can work with a sense of urgency
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry