Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco seeks a backend software engineer capable of working in many areas of our stack. Candidate must be an expert with Node JS, PostgreSQL, and REST API design. Ideal candidate will be an expert with AWS, RDS, Lambda, Serverless, and TypeScript. Candidate must be able to work in an agile, milestone, kanban based workflow.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop new API features and supporting logic.
- Build complex business processes into scalable and maintainable code.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Perform high level git branching, merging, rebasing, and refactoring of existing code bases.
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper.
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with other teams at Cresco Labs
- Open to tasks beyond data engineering, for example, there will be occasional 2nd level support for our processes on a rotational basis
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years experience building scalable API’s
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Experience with AWS and Lambda
- Experience with Postgres
- Have worked with a major cloud provider such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment & Test-Driven Development preferred
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Our HQ office is located in Chicago, but the engineering team is fully remote. This can be a remote position with occasional travel to Chicago, required.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.