Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Vice President of Disaster Preparedness and Crisis Recovery will strengthen Cresco’s risk management structure by developing contingency plans for Cresco’s multi-state operations and offices during emergency events. This individual will lead crisis management and recovery efforts and will partner cross-functionally to train and prepare employees for such circumstances.
This individual may also be expected to travel as necessary to aid in proactive site planning or recovery efforts.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Creates SOPs and playbooks to outline crisis management for all facilities and offices; ensures documentation is updated regularly
- Partners with HR, Communications, Legal, IT, Facilities, and Operations to continuously assess emergency protocols and ensure business continuity at all facilities/offices
- Understands business operations and local regulatory structure at each facility to develop emergency protocols that align to Cresco’s internal quality standards as well as local laws and safety regulations
- Liaises with key government offices and other external officials/organization to ensure accessible external aid when/where needed
- Educates key stakeholders on contingency plans to ensure employees are ready in case of emergency
- Maintains understanding of optimal PPE solutions and rolls out as appropriate across all sites
- Identifies gaps in current infrastructure and works with the business to find solutions to strengthen these areas
- Develops crisis communication and notification tools; partners with cross-functional teams to roll out and education employees on usage
- Responsible for managing crisis center budget and other financial results across the facilities, including personnel and emergency equipment budget
- Evaluates potential environmental, social, or political risks that could impact business continuity; provides updates on these events to senior leadership team and communicates to the wholistic organization as appropriate
- Maintains awareness of new technology and project management solutions to implement the best practices across the organization
- Implements rituals and routines that enable quick identification of internal areas of concern/risk
- Creates KPIs and metrics to evaluate disaster preparedness and potential organization gaps
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Risk Management, Communications, Operations, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in incident response, with specific experience facilitating the response to an emergency situation
- Experience developing proactive strategies for large, multi-site organizations
- Experience leading and executing large projects across multiple sites, including management of project finances
- Experience in public health or disease control, a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience succeeding in stressful situations; works well under pressure
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.