Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Junior Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and be a key contributor to the company's AP Team. This individual will drive company success through the processing of invoices and assistance of daily functions. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Daily posting of invoices and monitoring of the AP Inbox
- Provide support with documentation as needed by the AP Team
- Respond to internal and external inquiries as needed
- Support daily entry as needed by the AP Team
- Daily review of the AP inbox and allocation to the staff
- Review and insert coding related to invoices
- Open and distribute mail, as required
- Follow-up on AP inquiries as needed daily
- Mail checks when required
- Setup UPS and USPS mailing labels to mail out checks and special requests
- Maintain files and records for purpose of ensuring availability of documentation
- Scan, upload, and add files as needed when processing invoices
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed by the AP Supervisor or Senior AP Analyst
- Ability to work with within the organization to address internal requests
- Assist with new AP system or ERP implementation as directed by AP Supervisor or Manager
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in ERP System (Ex. SAP, Peoplesoft) and Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledgeable with AP functions
- Analytical skill set
- Ability to multi-task
- High School diploma required
- Associate degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, but not required
- Two years of experience in AP environment preferred, but not required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.