Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Senior Vice President of Operations will oversee the processing, packaging, engineering, and overall facility maintenance, with close collaboration across cultivation, manufacturing, production, and supply chain/distribution across our facilities nationally. As part of our Corporate Center of Excellence, this individual will ensure standardization between sites, consistent delivery of finished products for our customers, high standards of regulatory safety and compliance, effective continuous improvement strategies, and maintain a strong team oriented employee culture.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Understands current operating procedures in each facility and identifies ways to standardize procedures and best practices across all facilities
- Partners with Operational Excellence and Quality teams across facilities nationwide to identify continuous improvement opportunities and oversees their implementation
- Monitors the status of Cresco’s automated manufacturing systems and procedures to ensure efficient safety, quality, and compliance measures are met
- Constantly seeks opportunities to improve synergies between Supply Chain, Production, Cultivation, Engineering, Sales Operations, IT, Accounting, and HR
- Partners with Quality, Safety, and Compliance to ensure facilities are maintained to state regulatory, OSHA, and Cresco quality standards
- Creates and tracks KPI’s to measure departmental performance, report back to the leadership team, and lead gap analyses to determine improvements where necessary
- Responsible for managing P&L and other financial results across the facilities, including CAPEX and personnel budget
- Keeps current with industry trends and identifies ways to implement progressive technology into the facilities
- Responsible for the overall health and safety of employees by ensuring proper training is provided for all employees and respective metrics are implemented to measure effectiveness of policies and identify areas of improvement
- Develops and maintains healthy relationships with external vendors/suppliers where needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Excellence, a plus
- 10+ years leading operations in highly regulated industry, preferably within a manufacturing or warehouse setting
- 5+ years leading and developing a large team of individuals across multiple disciplines and locationswithin a high growth environment
- Experience managing P&L
- Green Belt certification required, Black Belt a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Experience using ERP and WMS software
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma practices within a manufacturing facility
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as resources, remotely
- Experience leading and executing large projects across multiple sites, including management of project finances
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.