Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The brand marketing team is responsible for scaling seven distinct wholesale cannabis brands across Cresco Labs’ national footprint. In doing so, a cross-functional team of brand managers, digital and social platform managers, creative and media agencies, and an internal production studio must deliver brand-defining creative experiences via countless assets across all consumer channels. The Creative Operations Manager will be a key player who implements and manages workflow, best practices, and process across the brand marketing team, ensuring the work is executed effectively and efficiently. This person will be on the front line of resolving problems, spotting areas for continuous improvement, and prioritizing amongst multiple and often-times competing initiatives. They will partner closely with trade, field, and media leads as creative work is executed at a regional and national level.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develops and implements the strategic process and direction for Brand Marketing creative operations across internal resources and agency support.
- Owns and coordinates briefing process, resourcing plan and approach, workflow management, and project status tracking across brand marketing creative projects. Partners with retail counterpart so that there is clear connectivity in process for shared studio resources.
- Drives cross-functional alignment and collaboration in the creative process, partnering with brand managers, digital and social platform managers, creative and media agencies, and an internal production studio.
- Communicates risks, opportunities, and solutions to all partners and stakeholders, so that the collective team is always prioritizing the most impactful work.
- Partners with IT, and retail counterpart, to ensure relevant capabilities, tools, and technologies are prioritized and implemented for creative and studio teams.
- Drives the execution of application development (SharePoint, One Drive, Frame.io, etc.)
- Ensures that Cresco Labs policies and procedures are followed with agencies and work, including educating team on policies and procedures.
- Is the master of workback schedules, budget management, expectation setting, cross-functional facilitation, on-boarding of agencies, and other logistics.
- Fosters positive ways of working and implements strategic solutions to keep the creative process on track.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years experience in brand creative operations, agency account, or similar.
- Experience shepherding the creative process and associated resourcing plan, with demonstrated expertise in production across print, digital, and new media mediums.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
- Excellent team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business
- Ability to lead teams looking after multiple unrelated workstreams simultaneously (multiple categories and cross-category workstreams)
- Comfort with managing through ambiguity, with a proven track record of performing and thriving in environments with minimal process and structure.
- Strong bias for action. An ability to identify a problem and mobilize to solve it.
- Proven project management and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit.
- Genuine interest in and passion for marketing and the cannabis industry.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.