Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Technical Accounting and Reporting Manager to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Technical Accounting and Reporting Manager will have oversight of several complex technical accounting areas and will be responsible for technical accounting research and assisting with relevant new accounting guidance implementation, as well as managing the purchase accounting for mergers and acquisitions. This individual will also be a key contributor to the company’s external reporting process, assisting with the preparation and review of financial statements and disclosures, including MD&A. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Subject matter expert of complex accounting areas, such as biological assets and business combinations (including equity, deferred and contingent consideration)
- Responsible for purchase accounting for mergers and acquisitions under ASC 805/IFRS 3, and consolidation determinations under ASC 810/IFRS 10
- Back-up SME/review of complex accounting areas such as share-based compensation, lease accounting, derivatives, intangible assets, fixed and long-lived asset impairments and other areas as assigned
- Responsible for technical accounting research for unusual transactions and new contracts
- Prepare and issue accounting policies, training and process documentation
- Participate in special projects/oversight of technical accounting areas as assigned
- Assist with review of the consolidated financial statements from the corporate accounting team
- Assist with the external reporting process – preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business-related field (Master’s preferred)
- 6+ years accounting experience (public accounting or technical accounting preferred)
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- CPA required
- Strong U.S. GAAP experience, with IFRS experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.