Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs seeks a Manufacturing Lead to join our growing Manufacturing team. Cresco's Manufacturing Lead will assist in ensuring we are successful in adherence to lab manufacturing scheduling of material and personnel as it relates to post-extraction manufacturing. The Manufacturing Lead will report directly to our Manufacturing Manager.
CORE JOB DUTIES
General Responsibilities and Team Oversight
- Learn new procedures and perform R+D project tasks under management direction for department development.
- Properly assist with training of new hires and continual development of training program
- Delegate department work to lab technicians based on schedule and manager communication to ensure adherence to expected completion dates
- Monitor lab technician's time management of tasks.
- Perform generally scheduled tasks as needed to meet scheduled completion dates.
- Effectively communicate to Master Scheduler, Manufacturing Manager, and any relevant department workers when potential and unintentional changes to task timelines occur including potential or missed expected completion dates.
- Maintain systems required for monitoring department scheduling and inventory, including but not limited to; concentrate planning document, yield tracking document, scheduling document, hourly board and daily board.
- Create documents needed for scheduled work including work orders, M.F.s and formulation calc. sheets.
- Adjust inventory weights.
- Perform inventory conversion procedures.
- Investigate and report on audit trails and inventory discrepancies.
- Perform product destruction procedures.
3rd Party Testing
- Execute communications and documentation systems both internally between departments and with 3rd party testing labs.
- Organize on-sight sampling between various Cresco departments and 3rd party lab technicians.
- Complete compliance based Biotrack procedures needed to ensure timely departure of logistic agents transporting samples.
- Create, organize, and communicate documents related to tracking and verifying samples sent to 3rd party labs.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associates degree in science or lab related field OR at least 2 years manufacturing experience.
- At least 1 year experience in cannabis related manufacturing
- Competent at managing responsibilities in a high-volume, precious-resource environment
- Perform effectively despite sudden priority and deadline changes
- Highly capability to multitask
- Ability to demonstrate and develop leadership skills
- Self-motivated to finish work and learn new skills
- Strong attention to detail, especially related to observing potential quality issues and completing documentation requirements.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.