Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Their operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, they will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market they move in to.
Process Engineer will be responsible for helping in the development of robust products and processes. The successful candidate will be able to improve processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability. The role will assist in the manufacturing process from development through launch, scale-up and optimization. Responsibilities will include working with manufacturing and product development to solve difficult technical problems and coach manufacturing personnel in solving technical problems, technical transfer between sites, and assisting in complex technical investigations.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist with the optimization and scale up of existing products and processes
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Manage cost and time constraints
- Perform risk assessments
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- BS in Engineering or related field (chemical or food science preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. of related work experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing research and manufacturing support
- Must be detail oriented, and organized to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong product safety, team, customer and quality focus
- Proficiency in standard office software (Google, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CAD or process modeling software experience is a plus
REPORTING AND AUTHORITY
- Reports to VP of Manufacturing
- Empowered to work directly with site-based resources to resolve issues and make decisions related to technical services
- Works directly with above site functions, particularly Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Marketing
- Works directly with vendors to resolve issues
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- On-time new product launches and Technology transfers
- % Yield Increases
- % Cycle time Decreases
- This position requires ability to travel up to 25%.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms, and ability to lift up to 25lbs without assistance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.