Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
Cresco aims to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Vice President of Human Resources Operations to join our corporate Human Resources team at our Chicago headquarters, reporting to the Chief People Officer. As our SVP of HR Operations, you will be responsible for the development and execution of HR strategies and initiatives in support of the organization’s goals and objectives, specifically in the areas across HR compliance, performance management, payroll, learning and development, new business (M&A), and HR systems/data. The SVP of HR Operations provides strategic guidance and oversight in the design, delivery, and maintenance of HR processes, systems and programs and will collaborate with business and HR leaders to design and steward through the organization.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Understand organizational needs and create processes, policies, and workflows that maintain compliance and drive efficiency.
- Develop and maintain company-wide performance management processes and programs to attract, develop, and reward to retain our best talent that align culturally and meet business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with COEs to identify solutions, lead implementation, and engage in ongoing HR processes to locate improvement opportunities
- Partner closely with the HR leadership team to lead the innovation and optimization of HR operations across Payroll, Learning & Development, New Business and Technology/Data:
- Own the coordination of Payroll and Accounting to ensure pay and other cross functional processes are in place.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a L&D function to support employees and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Create standards and processes related, but not limited, to onboarding, change management, and offboarding for both organic hiring/changes and those related to merger and acquisitions.
- Guide the evaluation of scalable technology to build appropriate infrastructure for our growth projections, including HR executive oversight to the successful implementation of a new HRIS system.
- Execute the transformation of data to enable the HR team to build reporting, dashboards, and tracking methodology that delivers actionable insights to the business, including employee data, performance metrics, audits, onboarding, forecasts, etc.
- Ensure People Operations audit and control processes are developed and followed in compliance with Federal and State laws and internal guidelines.
- Utilize expert project/program management skills to implement action plans for large scale projects including but not limited to enhancing Employee Handbook and policy development and roll out; overall performance management design and implementation; engagement survey launch, analysis and action planning; evolving employee experience through robust onboarding plan.
- Lead our annual performance review cycle in close partnership with HR Business Partners, Leadership, and Compensation COE.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business, ensuring clear understanding of roles and responsibilities and how to engage with HR Operations.
- Champion and drive a culture that embraces innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration, being an ambassador of company vision and mission.
- Be a leader, champion, participant and advocate for cultural initiatives across the company.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree and/or SHRM/PHR certification preferred
- 12+ years’ progressive leadership experience in related HR functions, including HR operations, HRIS, performance management, compensation & benefits
- 7+ years’ experience leading and developing teams
- Experience implementing new systems, including data migration, training, etc.
- Strong, demonstrated program and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with HR, business, and technical teams
- Experience in process development/improvement and change management methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Self-starter with excellent judgement and high comfort level working both in teams and autonomously
- Proven ability to lead programs from inception through implementation including gaining leadership buy in and support
- Strong presentation skills, including building a deck and comfort presenting to all levels of the organization
- Excellent relationship and communication skills
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving ability
- High integrity and alignment with our mission and core values
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.