Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator will be part of the AP Team to help drive company success with the processing of invoices and daily functions needed to process transactions in a timely manner. This role is located in our Chicago, IL corporate office. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Daily posting of invoices
- Weekly Check Run
- Monitor key vendors for weekly processing
- Support the AP Supervisor as needed
- Work with the Senior AP Analyst to provide support as needed to develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Root cause analysis as needed by the AP Supervisor
- Provide support to the AP Team with posting of invoices and validated coding
- Work with the AP Supervisor to reconcile the AP Sub-Ledger as needed monthly
- Support to address audit requests as required by internal or external auditors
- Work with the Senior AP Analyst to gather monthly accruals as needed and to be reviewed by Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Work with Senior AP Analyst to provide guidelines on coding requirements for the AP Team
- Provide documentation as needed by Accounting
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Accounts Payable Supervisor or Accounts Payable Manager
- Monthly vendor statement reviews as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in ERP System (Ex. SAP, Peoplesoft) and Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledgeable with Accounts Payable functions and internal controls
- Excellent analytical skill set
- Work experience with G/L coding preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a dynamic, post start-up environment
- Ability to be a team player and provide excellent customer service to our stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail when processing invoices.
- Ability to be a team player
- Preferred Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration but not required
- Four to six years of work experience in Accounts Payable with some background supporting a team environment
- Experience at a large, multi-national public company with SOX compliance preferred
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.