Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will continue to operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Analyst, External Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the Manager, External Reporting and be a key contributor to the company’s external financial reporting process. This will include quarterly reports, annual reports, and miscellaneous filings as required. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for certain complex technical accounting areas, including share-based compensation and equity accounting, foreign currency and debt accounting, derivatives, investments, and purchase accounting for mergers and acquisitions. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and the disclosure checklist
- Statement preparation for stockholders’ equity and comprehensive income
- Subject matter expert and/or reviewer of complex accounting areas, such as including share-based compensation and equity accounting, foreign currency and debt accounting, derivatives, investments, and purchase accounting for business combinations (including equity, deferred and contingent consideration)
- Support U.S. GAAP / IFRS conversion activities and related disclosure and reporting initiatives
- Prepare key schedules for internal and external financial reporting
- Participate in the implementation and improvement of financial reporting systems
- Assist with technical accounting research for unusual transactions and new contracts
- Assist with the preparation and issuing of accounting policies and process documentation
- Participate in special projects and ad-hoc requests as these needs become known
- Maintain effective internal controls and establish processes, policies and procedures
- Support the year-end audit and tax preparation process
- Assist in the adoption of new accounting standards
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration required
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or technical accounting preferred)
- CPA highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial accounting and reporting systems (Intacct, BPC, SAP helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.