Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Manufacturing Manager will oversee and be responsible for the team performing all Manufacturing extractions, post processing activities and manage testing of formulated products. The Manufacturing Manager will maintain the safety of the organization and ensure the cleanliness and efficiency of production areas. The Manufacturing Manager instills quality control measures to produce high quality products. The Manufacturing Manager must monitor and maintain the production facility in accordance with the commonwealth and standards set by Cresco Labs.
- Ensure Manufacturing operations are safe for our employees
- Manages ethanol and butane extraction processes
- Products are manufactured correctly, meeting all quality requirements prior to release
- Products are delivered on time to internal and external customers
- Operations are efficient and meeting the required productivity
- Compliance with all applicable regulations and inspection readiness at all times
- Oversee and participate in batch manufacturing of all formulated products including but not limited to cartridges, capsules, lotions, tinctures, patches, syringes, and bulk oils
- Review executed batch records and calculation sheets
- Report weekly and monthly metrics/KPI for delivery, quality, productivity and safety
- Manage third party testing and review test results against specifications
- Manage internal testing capabilities and laboratory spaces and equipment
- Escalate critical safety/quality/delivery issues to corporate and site management
- Complete ADP tasks for all Lab personnel
- Hire and train Manufacturing staff
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies and submit order requests
- Represent Lab in weekly site management meetings and sales/ops meeting
- Lead development activities related to new products, and optimization and scale-up of existing products and processes as directed
- Create and reinforce a positive culture within the Lab team consistent with Cresco
- Coordinate with the Manufacturing & Extraction Supervisors to meet production goals
- Lead business development tours. This can include investors, regulatory bodies, vendors etc.
- Manage Manufacturing equipment maintenance execution/reporting
- Co-chair weekly Lab Meetings and attend weekly Sales/Production Conference Calls
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 1-2 years of cannabis hydrocarbon and ethanol extraction experience.
- 1-2 years of cannabis formulation and oil post processing experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with MS Office in a windows environment and familiar with sales tracking and reporting software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Chemistry/Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering education preferred.
- Experience in data entry and management.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner.
- Strong business acumen including excellent communication, interpersonal, and persuasive skills.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in engineering or physical sciences from an accredited university, or at least three years of experience in the operation of Closed loop Hydrocarbon extraction and Ethanol Extraction.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.