Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs (Cresco) is seeking a Director of Strategic Sourcing to help ensure it receives best in class commercial terms, service levels and engagement from its suppliers. This is a key role within Cresco’s operations organization and will have significant visibility across the enterprise therefore, the individual chosen must be comfortable, and adept, in communicating with senior leadership and executive management teams.
The Director will develop sourcing roadmaps and comprehensive sourcing strategies for indirect spend categories while also implementing new and/or transforming existing internal processes and policies central to Cresco’s supply chain and sourcing / procurement capabilities. These processes and policies include category management, spend visibility and analytics, supplier performance / relationship management, supplier qualification, sourcing execution to include eSourcing, risk mitigation, contract management and key performance indicators that enable risk identification and performance reporting. In addition, this leader will be tasked with developing and managing internal stakeholder relationships to foster strategic engagement and collaboration with the Strategic Sourcing function.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Contribute to the development of a high-performing Strategic Sourcing team which enables enterprise strategy, creates a culture of cost leadership, and professionally manages supplier relationships, executes category visions, and achieves enterprise objectives.
- Manage and direct the activities of Sourcing Managers and Coordinators while developing their category knowledge, sourcing and negotiation skillsets and leadership capabilities.
- Develop achievable and sustainable sourcing strategies across multiple spend categories which are aligned with enterprise goals and objectives for total spend, service levels and risk mitigation.
- Develop strong, productive working relationships with key stakeholders and obtain a thorough understanding of their business strategies, critical drivers, and current issues to ensure clear alignment between sourcing objectives and the near and long-term interests of stakeholders.
- Develop strategic sourcing execution plans (including measures of success) with stakeholders for all sourcing projects ensuring cost, service level and time related objectives are met or exceeded.
- End to end execution of all sourcing initiatives to include source identification, supplier capability assessment, TCO analysis, supplier selection, commercial term and contract negotiation, contract execution, supplier implementation / onboarding and ongoing supplier management.
- Ensure strategic sourcing opportunities are prioritized via a strategic sourcing process that unites all key stakeholders.
- Rationalize / optimize Cresco’s supplier base for specific spend categories / business requirements on an ongoing basis while fostering supplier development and ensuring new source introduction when viable.
- Continually monitor, analyze, and assess pricing and delivery trends for impact on business unit spend, and sourcing strategies, with routine communication of impacts to management and stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of the latest strategies, contracting processes and technologies with implications to global sourcing.
- Ensure all contracts and associated suppliers are compliant with policies and foster a strong working relationship with Cresco’s Legal Department.
- Identify and react to Cresco’s ever-changing business environment to minimize operational and financial exposure; to include supplier bankruptcies and M&A activity.
- Lead and/or participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvements in cost management, business process improvement and cost reduction / productivity initiatives.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field; MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of sourcing / procurement experience to include strategic sourcing of components, finished goods and services on a global basis.
- Excellent relationship building skills with demonstrated experience establishing senior-level stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Superior negotiation skills with a proven track-record of generating significant cost savings while also achieving or exceeding stakeholder quality and time-based service level requirements.
- Experience with large, complex contract negotiations and Commodity Risk Management principles / practices.
- Prior experience building and leading teams and developing the talent within them.
- Prior experience working within fast-paced, evolving corporate environments with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully manage and execute multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities to include capturing and synthesizing data to identify opportunities / issues then develop recommendations / solutions / strategies.
- Strong communication skills and executive presence.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.