Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Facility Maintenance Supervisor for our Carpinteria, CA, facility. As the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, you will ensure the facility is maintained in a satisfactory condition for all required production and manufacturing operations. Cresco’s Facility Maintenance Supervisor will oversee our Facility Maintenance Technicians, coordinating work orders to ensure the upkeep of the facility. The ideal candidate should have a variety of skills, such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry and HVAC certification.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Oversee building inspections, procuring bids, building operations, leasing and projects, as needed
- Ability to delegate tasks, putting together work lists for the Facility Maintenance Technicians
- Develop schedule for regular inspection of HVAC, door, interior / exterior lighting, roof and general premises
- Maintain building systems including interior/exterior lighting, HVAC, thermostats, life safety and building security including fencing
- Direct and assist Facility Maintenance Technicians in repairing mechanical equipment as directed
- Responsible for the upkeep of maintenance performance log
- Electrical including bulbs/ballast replacement, plumbing, painting and carpentry as required
- Responsible for holding keys to every area, ensuring they are always marked and organized
- Maintain HVAC contractor
- Maintain Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing contractors
- Maintain an inventory list for janitorial, mechanical and electrical supplies
- Move equipment, tools or supplies between properties as required
- Errands as required, including picking up supplies at various vendors as required
- Assist in roof maintenance repair work as needed
- Touch up painting and dry-wall patching as needed
- Miscellaneous trouble shooting and problem solving
- Monitor utility usage and be responsible for building energy management (including but not limited to) the building automation system
- Properly mark store purchase receipts and submit packets bi-weekly
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of industrial building maintenance preferred
- Experience in a supervisory position preferred
- Ability to read machine prints and perform machine repair
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates
- Ability to oversee team, delegate work, and act as liaison between Facility Maintenance Technicians and Facility Project Engineers
- Hands on experience in installation of piping systems (air, water, steam), industrial electrical installations and control circuits. PLC troubleshooting is preferred.
- Relevant technical knowledge
- HVAC Certified (preferred)
- Experience in a production environment using mechanical, electrical and plumbing trouble-shooting skills; utility installations (electrical, steam, air, process piping) is a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (required)
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.